Important Parent Information

Annual Notification of Privacy Rights
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that gives parents certain protections with regard to their children's educational records, such as report cards, transcripts, disciplinary records, contact and family information, and class schedules. As a parent, you have the right to review your child's education records and to request changes under limited circumstances. To view the HIDOE's policy, click on the link below:


When a student is absent, the parent or guardian should call the school office from 8:30 - 9:30a (808-305-1800) and state the reason for the absence. If a call cannot be made, the parent/guardian must send a note within two (2) days stating the date and reason for absence with the child upon his/her return to school. The child shall submit the note to his/her homeroom teacher or to the office.

Compulsory Attendance
With certain exceptions, all children between the ages of 6 and 18 years must attend a public or private school. A child attending public schools must attend the school serving the area of the child's residence, unless granted a geographical exception. Approval of these geographical exceptions is at the discretion of the accepting school and the Department of Education. To obtain a geographical exception, parents must submit a form to the school they wish to attend by the appropriate deadline.

Demographic Changes
It’s crucial that changes in address, phone numbers, marital status, and employment are reported to the school office so that the master school database reflects correct information. Please call (808) 305-1800 with corrected information as needed.

Grade Reporting Procedures
The academic progress of each student is reported four times a year; approximately two weeks after each quarter ends through the report card. Progress reports are distributed to parents during the middle of each quarter.

Report cards are sent home to parents for the four reporting periods. Update any changes to parent email accounts to assure delivery.

Parents should call the school and contact their child's counselor if they fail to receive a report card. If they wish to schedule a conference to discuss their child's progress, parents should call and leave a message for the child's teacher(s).

Health Requirements
The Hawaii School Attendance Law requires all students to meet the following before they attend any school in the state for the first time. A tuberculosis clearance (written proof of a negative skin test: Mantoux/PPD or chest x-ray completed within one-year of school entry), and an up-to-date immunization record which includes protection against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, rubella, mumps, hepatitis B, and chicken pox. If some or all of these are not available upon entry, an appointment slip issued from the physician's office may be accepted as temporary indication of the family's good faith effort to comply with this requirement.

Important: By the first day of school, all new students to any public or private school in the State of Hawaii must have: A) tuberculosis )TB) clearance; B) a completed Student Health record (Form 14) including a physical examination and all required immunizations OR a signed statement or appointment card from your child's doctor. Download the  School Health Brochure from this link.

Health Forms
If your child needs medication to be administered at school, then please complete the necessary health form: School Health Forms.

Homework Policy
If your child is absent for two (2) or more days, you may call the school and request assignments and books. However, you must allow the teachers 24-hours to assign the homework and have it in the office for you. Once you have requested homework, please be sure to pick it up.

School Meal Payments Online

You may pay for your child's school meals online through the EZSchoolPay website. Visit and log in with your email and password. If it is your first time visiting the site, you will need to register for a free account. Please see the "How To" guide linked below for more information.

School Meal Applications
Online applications for free and reduced price meals are available at This service provides for faster results. Follow the helpful tips linked below. Please do not submit a paper application if an online application is submitted.

Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Visit the DOE website: ESSA Overview