To maintain a positive learning environment, students should follow the 3 Be’s: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Ready. Part of responsibility is to dress appropriately for school activities and learning. The following attire is discouraged:
- Exposed underwear (e.g. sagging or low-cut pants)
- See-through (sheer) clothing
- Shorts/skirts above mid-thigh - length should be appropriate and not distracting for school activities
- Backless or bare midriff apparel
- Long belts that hang more than 4” below buckle
- Clothing/jewelry or accessories with inappropriate logos or wording: depictions of gangs, drugs, sex or profanity, etc.
- Students coming to school barefoot
- High-heel/platforms (greater than 1 inch), wheeled shoes or flip-flops. (Footwear must have a back strap behind the heel.) Parents are encouraged to send students to school in tennis shoes for safety during recess activities and Kinesthetic Arts.
- Makeup (e.g. lipstick, lip gloss, eye makeup, blush, body glitter, etc.)
- Caps, hats, visors, dark glasses (except for outdoor activities)
- Underwear may not be worn as “outerwear”