There has been some coverage on the news that students in Central Oahu have been approached by adults after school. Although this has not happened at Solomon Elementary or within our surrounding community, we wish to take this opportunity to remind parents of our need to keep our children safe.
Please take this opportunity to remind your children of the following points:
• Stay away from strangers, do not talk to or take anything from them.
• Stay more than an arm's reach from strangers. If a stranger approaches you, seek help immediately from a trusted adult.
• Use the buddy system; avoid walking anywhere alone.
• If a stranger grabs you, do whatever it takes to stop the stranger, yell for help.
• Report any suspicious activity to a trusted adult.
• Be alert of your surroundings and let others know where you will be and what time you will be back.
• No one, even it it's someone you know, should make you feel uncomfortable. If an incident happens, tell a trusted adult right away.
We are committed to keeping our students at Solomon safe.
The Solomon Elementary Administration